Listen to audio version
How to get emergency electricity credit in Botswana from Botswana Power Corporation
Follow the steps below to get emergency electricity credit in Botswana (BPC)
- When your electricity power has been shut off due to low credit
- Go to your electric meter box
- press 811 on the numeric keypad
- press enter ⏎
- You will be given emergency credit of at least P5.00
Reasons why you may need emergency electricity credit (kolota motlakase)
- Ideal or Poso electricity recharge systems are down
- Cell Phone used to buy electricity is off (no power)
- Physical electricity distribution outlets are closed
- No money for electricity in your bank account
- Far from the shops
- primary bread winner (provider) is not available to buy electricity
- Do not know how to buy electricity with fnb
Eliminate the need for emergency electricity credit with these tips
You can save a lot of power and money and make your electricity to last longer by following these steps below to eliminate the need for emergency electricity credit (kolota motlakase). Here are the strategies you can use below;
- Turn off unnecessary lights that are not in use
- Unplug appliances that are not in use
- take shorter showers
- Manage your geyser by switching it off when not in use, reduce the temperature to 55°C or less.
- Replace your bulbs with energy saving LED bulbs
- Run full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher
- Invest in energy STAR appliances and electronics.
- Save 6% on your bill by switching off your appliances at the wall.
- Don’t set your fridge temperature colder than necessary: set your refrigerator between 2°C and 5°C and your freezer between -20°C and – 22°C
Buy these Appliances to save electricity
If you are looking to save electricity you can consider buying these appliances from the Skymart Marketplace to save electricity.